Outpatient Surgery / Operations
Our surgical procedures include, among others, surgical treatment of birthmarks, cysts (Grützbeuteln), fibromas (stem warts) and small lipomas (Fettgewebsgeschwulste), skin tumors (melanoma, basal cell carcinoma or basalioma, Squamous cell carcinoma, Bowen’s disease, etc.), and reconstructive procedures, such as flaps.
Our surgical intervention room meets the requirements for hygiene of the Commission for Hospital Hygiene and Infection Prevention of the Robert Koch Institute.
The procedures are on outpatient basis and are being performed under local anesthesia. In very young or sensitive patients special creams / patches can be applied about 30-60 minutes prior to treatment in order to achieve a mild skin anesthesia. In general, the surgery itself and the wound pain afterwards are hardly felt. Only exceptionally, a mild pain reliever such as paracetamol 500 mg, may be necessary.
To achieve a visually beautiful and functional healing the wound is treated based on modern plastic surgical principles.
Important for planned interventions:
- Before each operation / procedure we need your (written) consent .
- Please don’t forget to bring your informed consent form prior to the treatment!
- Please have something to eat before the procedure.
- Please let us know at the very latest before surgery if you take anticoagulant drugs (eg aspirin, warfarin, Xarelto etc.) or whether you have an allergy to drugs
- Please note for your own safety our advice regarding your behavior after the procedure.
If you are interested in operations outside our treatment spectrum (eg liposuction), we can name trusted colleagues from other disciplines.